Meeting:APAC Ambassadors 2012-05-12
- 2012-05-12 04:00 UTC Click here to convert to local time
- #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net
- Meetings go for just over one hour, but sometimes go longer.
- Luke Martinez, asmartgoat
- Heherson Pagcaliwagan, azneita
- Engels Antonio, born2linux
- Ankur Sinha, FranciscoD
- Haowei Lee, Haowei
- Harish Pillay, harishpillay
- Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail, KageSenshi
- Caius Chance, Kaio
- Moniruzzaman Monir, kalpurush
- Magie Antonio, magie
- Mahay Alam Khan, maktrix
- Sureshkumar Packiyarajah, Suresht
- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna, udinnet
- Abhishek Singh, aks
- Shakthi Kannan, mbuf
- as well as other great ambassadors!!! :)
- Please follow IRC Meeting Protocol and guidelines
- Try using the MeetBot commands and more MeetBot commands
Your name, where you are located, etc.
- For example ".fas dramsey My name is dramsey, from Japan and I use Fedora 16 from a DVD and Fedora 17 from an .ISO. I like System Administration Topics as well as Kernels."
Review *ACTION* items from the last meeting
- all add more details to the f2f meeting wiki https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:KualaLumpur_2012/BoF_discussion#Discussion_Ideas before we go to KL
- FranciscoD put all guidelines on wiki and request mailing lists to go look
- all we should update all upcoming F17 release parties onto wiki
find out about commands for fedora-apac, something like .apacticket
bckurera talk to inode0 after the meeting to get explained how to make .apacticket
FranciscoD send out logs to lists
bckurera please update event page with reports
bckurera please send report to ambassadors-ml if not already done
APAC for FAmSCO (dramsey for you!)
- dramsey strongly suggests that you vote. :)
- Do you have "what" it takes to represent us at APAC?
- We strongly need representation, who will do this in case?
Things need to be discussed face to face in FUDCon KL (closed)
- The wiki page of ideas has been well organized; and should be ready to discuss in KL next week.
- Will be organized in BoF style in the same time as APAC regular meeting (4:00 UTC on Saturday).
- We need to show our strongest APAC Team support to help promote the FUDCon APAC 2012.
APAC Events and Status of F17 Release Parties (dramsey)
- Report of past Events & current Status of upcoming events
- Everyone please update this wiki with your Fedora 17 Release Events! dramsey on 03/05/2012 and 04/03/2012
- Fedora 17 Ambassadors Team Tasks
- Review and plan your Fedora 17 needs, for example media, swag and anything else.
- FAmSCo and Regional teams call for Preparation of Media/SWAG by Thu 2012-03-08
- Hold Release Events and Publish Event Reports from Tue 2012-05-08 until Fri 2012-06-08 dramsey on 04/01/2012
- Locally created media / swag as an option? ==> strongly suggests inquiry on funding your initiatives Local production? -
- Use that Fedora "This is free media" form during sending of media between countries to avoid the tax problem.
- What would be useful for you? Item and quantity!!!
Harish says, "I have some F16 LiveCDs left. Do mention that during the meeting."
Review APAC trac tickets
- Any Ideas that you have in your mind?
- Swag for Fedora 17, get your ideas for this. dramsey, 2012-04-03
- Support FUDCon KL!!!
- Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-05-12/apac.2012-05-12-04.00.html
- Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-05-12/apac.2012-05-12-04.00.txt
- Log: Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-05-12/apac.2012-05-12-04.00.log.html
- Log (Text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-05-12/apac.2012-05-12-04.00.log.txt
- See Next Meeting for the next meeting date and time.