Meeting:Board meeting 2007-06-26
Fedora Project Board Meeting (Tuesday 2007-JUN-26)
Rex Dieter, Max Spevack, Bill Nottingham, Jeremy Katz, Seth Vidal, Karsten Wade, and John Poelstra.
Discussion of Secondary Arches
- Touched base. Nothing new to discuss
- Unable to find a location so far
- Concerned about cost and return on investment considering short time to plan FUDCon combined with short time frame of F8 release cycle
- Possible locations for future FUDCons:
- Stanford, Chicago, Portland, Boston, Raleigh, Toronto
- There could be more--continue to brainstorm
- Unanimously agree that FUDCon F8 does not seem like a wise idea considering the circumstances
- Start planning FUDCon F9 now--Max will lead effort.
- Max will send out separate email explaining why.
Fedora Project Board Membership
- Nominations close in two days
- More candidates than open seats which is a good thing
Decision: None to make
Responsibilities of Fedora Board and FESCo
- Short discussion about Max's email and resulting thread
- Concern that FESCo's current role and responsibilities are not clearly documented on the wiki
Decision: Using the content from his original email, Max will make sure that a wiki page specific to FESCo's current role and responsibilities is present and accurate.
Future IRC meetings
- Will consider resuming once the new board is elected and in place