Fedora Project Board Meeting :: Tuesday 2007-AUG-28
Attendees: Max Spevack, Seth Vidal, John Poelstra, Steve Dickson, Bill Nottingham, Matt Domsch, Jef Spaleta, and Dennis Gilmore
Regrets: Chris Blizzard, Chris Aillon, Karsten Wade
Last Week's Followup
- Funding came through for infrastructure
- Max has a meeting scheduled with Will to talk about a new bugzilla instances and future QA plans
- RHEL management pleased with the way F8 feature planning and Fedora/RHEL communication has been
Fedora Front Page
- More discussion following from fedora-advisory-list about Google search tied into front page
- Donald Fischer proposed the google-based start page for Fedora 8.
- Previous times when this has been proposed, it has been far too close to GA in order to make it happen.
- While it was very close to Test2 and Feature freeze, it is still far enough away from GA that we think it's worth making happen for Fedora 8.
- Possible revenue source for Fedora, though no one has any idea if the amount is material
- Donald will share financial information with the Fedora Project Leader (FPL) on a monthly basis
- Chris Aillon to take care of the Firefox side
- Karsten will enumerate Fedora Documentation requirments and Max will check with Paul Frields
- Need somone to take care of epiphany and konqueror