- 1 Fedora Project Board Meeting :: Tuesday 2009-02-10
Fedora Project Board Meeting :: Tuesday 2009-02-10
- Board Members: Bill Nottingham, Paul Frields, Harald Hoyer, Seth Vidal, Chris Tyler, Chris Aillon, Jesse Keating, Dimitris Glezos, and Spot Callaway
- Special guest: Max Spevack
- Secretary: John Poelstra
- Regrets: Matt Domsch
Links to last meetings
Follow-up To Previous Business
- "What is Fedora?" discussion
- Paul drafting framework to decide process to arrive at
Max Spevack Update
- Max hijacked the entire agenda and kept the Board on the call 15 extra minutes! Who does he think he is?
Fedora Store in EMEA
- Looking for a way to distribute goods in an efficient manner
- Hard to find good quality and distribution networks
- Looking for board approval to move forward with linux-onlineshop.de
- Customized skinned Fedora store
- Built on FOSS
- Custom fedora URL
- Will handle warehouse space and shipping
- Individual sales subsidize further Fedora related activities via Fedora EMEA
- Board would like more information into:
- What are the margins the vendor makes on these goods?
- Quality of goods and sustainability of this business
- Where/how (country and conditions) are the goods being produced?
- ACTIONS: Max to followup on questions and get back to the board
Denoting Fedora sponsorship
- We do not have existing guidelines around receiving goods or services from sponsors and what is provided in return
- How do we give Red Hat reasonable credit for sponsoring Fedora?
- Is there a special category for Red Hat?
- hardware, hosting/services, and events are forms of sponsorship Fedora is able to presently accept
- ACTIONS--Spot will lead investigation of ways to:
- give recognition to Red Hat
- recognize other sponsors
- design presentation
Community Architecture & LXDE In Fedora
- Looking for ways to promote LXDE and help them move forward
- Max met with president of LXDE Foundation at FOSDEM
- Can Fedora endorse LXDE in a certain way?
- Dimitris reports that conversations are underway to use Transifex in LXDE
- BOARD RESPONSE:
- A custom LXDE spin easily addresses this request
- We encourage all desktops to participate in this way
FUDCon LATAM 2009 and FUDCon EMEA 2009 plans
- Rodrigo Padula (recently hired by Red Hat) is helping to coordinate FUDCon at FISL
- Community Architecture team is funding FUDCon at FISL  & LinuxTag 
- Hoping to have FUDCon in conjunction with LinuxTag
- 10,000+ people at LinuxTag
- FUDCon would be co-located and integrated with LinuxTag (unlike Red Hat Summit 2008)
- Community Architecture brings this issue forward because the result is that funding would not be available for a North America FUDCon until September 2009 at the earliest
- BOARD RESPONSE: Fully support these events and use of funds. Max & Community team to continue working on these events.
- Trademark & domain name registration matters
- "What Is Fedora?" discussion
- Goals & objectives of the board
- Status of security policies