Meeting:Board meeting 2010-08-20
- Present: Jared Smith, Colin Walters, Stephen Smoogen, Jon Stanley, Chris Tyler, Tom "spot" Callaway, Rex Dieter, Christopher Aillon
- Regrets: Matt Domsch, Máirín Duffy
- Assigned meeting secretary: Paul Frields
- Fedora 14 Alpha deemed GOLD at go/no-go meeting
- Meeting on Wed night, one potential issue decided not a blocker.
- Fedora 14 slogan
- Marketing team proposed some options, one was approved by legal, but was found to conflict with one used already. So slogan choice is being revisited on marketing list.
- Discussion regarding Fedora governance
- Lots of good discussion on advisory-board list, and the board will revisit soon.
- (spot) no oversight over appointments. proposal: a majority of the board must approve appointments. will vote on this next week.
Review of open tickets
- Ticket 78: Vision statement
- Will revisit again next week when Máirín is present.
- (jsmith) shared an initial draft of his own.
- Discussion around a vision describing where we are vs where we want to go.
- ACTION: Board members encouraged to comment on Máirín's proposal onlist, as well as being more active on advisory-board list in general.
- Ticket 79: Anthropology Report
- ACTION: Board members, please review the report. homework: Bring back notes and suggestions.
- Ticket 80: Ways to improve Board Q&A
- Find ways to help moderate questions on irc.
- Ticket 81: start.fedoraproject.org
- Brainstorm for where we want this domain to land short-term, until a betterone has been designed. Pandas? Embarassing photos of Paul?
- (smooge) motion: ask marketing team to adjust start.fedoraproject.org as they best see fit.
- ACTION: jsmith to update ticket and send email to marketing list
Other Board Business
- Rex working on Community Working Group charter
- Consider different meeting time/day ?
- Friday has problem of carry-over momentum being lost.
- ACTION: jsmith to send out email to revisit meeting times
- Next meeting: 2010-08-27 UTC 18:00, public IRC meeting
- Entire time for Q&A
- Limit questions to 8 minutes, unless the Board wants to extend by another 5 minutes
- Hard Limit of 1 hour for entire meeting