Meeting:Community Architecture 2011-02-07
Some of the links below require Red Hat VPN access, including the [FIXME full meeting minutes & log].
Mel has volunteered to own/run this meeting, since Max will just be getting back to Raleigh.
Quick updates from everyone (5m)
- What you're doing this week
- What you need help on this week
If you aren't in on time, slip your 2-line update in when you arrive.
Brainstorm for Harish
Dropping things (25m)
At our retreat in Arizona, we said we'd be cutting our work on three things. These were:
- Textbook (Karsten)
- POSSE alumni relations (Mel and Ryan)
- TOS grant program (Mel)
I'd like to have a good outline for transition/phase-out plans for all three of these by the time our meeting ends, so we're going to sprint on that for 25 minutes. I set up a public etherpad document at http://openetherpad.org/tos-transition-plans for us to work in, and will email the contents of that document out to TOS when we're done.
- knowing communities
- knowing how to influence them
- CommArch's business value to Red Hat
- Community consulting
- knowing about communities (stats)
- knowing what to do about them ("your next step should be...")
- Unlocking international resources
- Sales bootcamp
- Media production
- "the show" commarch clip
- Education (see Mel's email update)
- public-facing web presence
- General notes: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/private/community-architecture-list/2011-January/msg00300.html
- Education notes: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/private/community-architecture-list/2011-January/msg00307.html