No Frozen Rawhide Implementation
This page tracks the actual implementation of the No Frozen Rawhide (NFR) Proposal.
- Install images are no longer being created for rawhide.
- To install rawhide follow the instructions at: FIXME
- Links to public announcements: FIXME
Unresolved Questions & Topics
- What do we call the pending release tree?
- When do we branch? Feature Freeze?
- How are buildroot overrides handled, freeze break needs vs 0-day update needs
- Increased number of "double" commits (things committed to rawhide, and duplicated on the release branch)
- Relies on updates-testing to drive feedback for freeze breaks, and updates-testing is not as well used as it could be.
- Division of our testers between rawhide and the pending release
- Are we now Debian (Unstable, testing, stable)
- Potential to break chain-builds even more depending on when we force things through bodhi
- Do we always make install images for rawhide, or only make images for pending release tree?
- packages going "straight to stable" via bodhi during a freeze
- When and how does signing happen? How will we know if something isn't signed in time to fix it?