Fedora Events: Free Software Conference at Open Source Lab of Szeged, Hungary
The Free Software Conference (Hungarian: Szabad Szoftver Konferencia) is an one day event, celebrated after one month the world's Software Freedom Day at Szeged's IT Center - with a broad scope at users, beginners, developers, administrators and companies. It features huge amount of talks, presentations and workshops as well.
When and Where
- The event date: 29. Nov. 2013
- The event will be held from 9 AM till cca. 7 PM.
- Opening ceremony is at approx. 9:15 AM.
- OSOL Lab - Open Source Software Development Educational and IT Center University of Szeged.
- Address: Ady square 10., 6722 Szeged 
- It is confirmed that we could have free parking slot near to the IT center. More details are coming, but plate number and car type is required to ensure the place. For financially reasons, the deep parking slot unavailable to this year event.
- This event will be special one, because of 2 special guests will attend too, and we would like to share that our 10th anniversary with people. Joerg Simon (finally!), and one girl from the Tibetan community. Moreover all of the ambassadors are will attend, and will talk, and bigger part of the local community also attending - and 2 cars are already loaded with members.
- 2 meter short table
- 2 chairs
- Fully equipped and prepared talk rooms (Projector, and so on)
- Stand Up Roller + the usual SWAG
- We have:
- Ben Nanonote - Mips development and FOSS gadget
- XO-1 laptop - Fedora Kids
- ARM development: Raspberry pi B series running Pidora + keyboard and some fedora games to keep people attention
- One laptop that runs demoing F20
- Printed materials (see at swag)
- Pidora info sheet A4 (Hungarian, 50 sheet)
- Some leftover english cheatcubes (20-25 pcs)
- We need:
- Tablecloth (Joerg will bring it after 19th event at Germany)
- Rollups (our has been torn out, we need a replacement)
Swag requests, tickets
- Under preparation, but we gonna need stickers and buttons too.
- Catering: As tradition, one hot meal in the restaurant possibly will be included freely for speakers (Thanks to ULX, local Hungarian JBOSS distributor)
- Calling for papers has started
- Our talks are submitted, but awaiting more
- We have approx usually cca 20-25 minutes slots, so choose wisely the theme - time runs out quickly.
- English is not a blocker, but hungarian is the preferred. But if you plan to make an talk else as Hungarian, do it in English. Most of the audience talks english, as this University is an Open Source software development lab. So don't be affraid.
- Awaiting for schedule:
- Joerg Simon: ISO this * - Welcome to Reality (Security Spin talk)
- Máté Gelei: Openshift private cloud (Openshift)
- Gergely Rákosi: Playful Linux (Gaming on Fedora)
- Ferenc Teknős: Webhosting business difficulties - a view from technology and current laws direction
Free Software Conference - OSOL Szeged Official Poster 
- Preparation ongoing
- Slots schedule are not yet confirmed: all submissions can be change and re-scheduled.
- You have register yourself if you would like to attend, or to be a talker - the event owner gladly help you to fill this gap.
- They are flexible with timing, but they are asking to keep the your time inside the schedule. Because trying to reduce time loss with eg. screen setup, and keep talks flow as written.
Look for us if you are in Hungary, near to Szeged!
- Earlier report from 2010 - Review on the Fedora Ambassadors mailing list
- Current event report arrives soon.
- Earlier event 2010 with Robert - Gallery of Robert Scheck
- Last year at 2011 was an great success, and we would like to continue the tradition.
- One year were sadly cancelled because of financial reasons by the organisers.