Fedora Events: Open Source Days 2012 - Copenhagen, Denmark
The Open Source Days 2012 are the largest general Linux/BSD/Open Source conference in Denmark. They started in 1998 with Linux98, continued with LinuxForum - and in 2008 renamed the successful conference to Open Source Days. The conference is very popular and with about 500 visitors one of the largest open IT-conferences in the Nordic region.
Open Source Days 2012 are offering short as well as long presentations, discussions and a day filled with possibilities of involving visitors at the conference. As an additional spice the organizers have selected exiting foreign presenters as well as several companies will present their offerings. The day will end with relaxed talks and beer of various kinds.
The Open Source Days 2012 are the 14th open source conference in a row held in Copenhagen, Denmark. Education and learning and news within Open Source is in strong focus.
When and Where
- 10th and 11th March 2012
- Solbjerg Plads, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, Position Plan (Metro station Frederiksberg)
- Radisson Blu Falconer Hotel, Position Plan (Metro station Frederiksberg)
- CABINN Scandinavia, Position Plan (Metro station Frederiksberg)
- Wakeup Copenhagen, Position Plan (Bus station Wakeup Copenhagen)
We should have 2-3 Ambassadors to have always at least one Ambassador on the Booth.
- Robert Scheck (Event Owner, covered by a speaker ticket)
Fedora got in total three tickets for the booth personal, none of them is actually assigned. If somebody from Fedora still needs a ticket, please contact the event owner.
The following talks were proposed and submitted to the coordination team:
|Robert Scheck||Building RPM packages yourself||45 min|
|Robert Scheck||Our Microsoft Exchange is Zarafa||45 min|
|Robert Scheck||Do not turn it off - SELinux||45 min|
|Robert Scheck||How the Fedora Project works||45 min|
|Robert Scheck||Remix it - your own Fedora||45 min|
We can expect from the organizer:
- Space for the booth
- Table & Chairs
- Electrical Power
- Wired and Wireless Internet access
What we bring:
- Blue table cloth for booth decoration
- Fedora banners/posters for booth decoration
- Fedora 16 media (live & install) as swag/giveaway
- OLPC XO for presentations at the booth
- LED beamer for presentations at the booth
In addition to the people listed as booth personnel above, the following Fedora Project attendees are also going to visit the Open Source Days:
- Your Name
- Booth has been confirmed by the coordination team
- Accepted talks (from the proposed ones) were communicated
- Received information that stickers are strictly forbidden
After the event
After the event