Ovirt Node Spin
Revision as of 21:20, 7 July 2009
Ovirt Node Image Spin
oVirt Node Image is a small scaled down version of Fedora used solely to hosts virtual machine guests.
- Name: David Huff
- email: email@example.com
oVirt Node Image is a small host image that provides libvirt service via KVM to hosts virtual machines. The Ovirt node can be run in standalone mode or in conjunction with the ovirt managment server, a web-based virtual machine management console. The ovirt Node Image is a livecd-based image that can be installed to the hosts physical storage, or run as a live image off a cd or usb key.
Benefit to Fedora
Easy way for users of Fedora and Ovirt to download Node Image. Will not require and ISO image to be built and distributed in a RPM.
- upstream: http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=ovirt-node-image.git;a=summary (have to run ./automake to generate)
- already made: http://fedorapeople.org/~huff/ovirt-node-image.spec
- We well need a permanent place to host one ks/per relese of the spin on ovirt.org however during development they can be found here above.
ISO Name / FS Label
- FS Label: Fedora-12-x86_64-Ovirt-Node_Image
- ISO Name: Fedora-12-x86_64-Ovirt-Node_Image
- Ovirt-Node RPM in fedora, in progress
Scope / Testing
- logo issue
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:Ovirt_Node_Image
- #ovirt (freenode)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (public mailing list)