Ovirt Node Spin
oVirt Node is a small scaled down version of Fedora used solely to hosts virtual machine guests.
- Name: David Huff
- email: email@example.com
oVirt Node is a small host image that provides libvirt service via KVM to hosts virtual machines. The Ovirt node can be run in standalone mode or in conjunction with the ovirt managment server, a web-based virtual machine management console. The ovirt Node Image is a livecd-based image that can be installed to the hosts physical storage, or run as a live image off a cd or usb key.
Benefit to Fedora
Easy way for users of Fedora and Ovirt to download Ovirt Node Image. Will not require and ISO image to be built and distributed in a RPM.
- upstream: http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=ovirt-node-image.git;a=summary
- already made: http://huff.fedorapeople.org/ovirt-node-recipe.ks (temporary)
- will be included in ovirt-node-recipe.rpm
ISO Name / FS Label
- FS Label: Fedora-12-x86_64-Ovirt-Node
- FS Label: Fedora-12-i686-Ovirt-Node
- ISO Name: Fedora-12-x86_64-Ovirt-Node.iso
- ISO Name: Fedora-12-i686-Ovirt-Node.iso
- ovirt-node rpm in fedora (in progress)
- ovirt-node-image rpm in fedora (in progress)
Scope / Testing
- logo issue
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:Ovirt_Node_Image
- #ovirt (freenode)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (public mailing list)