Package maintainers wishlist
|Line 233:||Line 233:|
* [http://linux.thai.net/projects/thaifonts-scalable fonts-thai-ttf] - ([ftp://linux.thai.net/pub/thailinux/software/thaifonts-scalable/ ftp]
* [http://linux.thai.net/projects/thaifonts-scalable fonts-thai-ttf] - ([ftp://linux.thai.net/pub/thailinux/software/thaifonts-scalable/ ftp]
=== Easy ===
=== Easy ===
Revision as of 03:21, 25 June 2008
Refer to the list or unmaintained and orphaned packages . This would be a good place to bring back into Fedora repositories packages where the original maintainer has moved on.
General Fedora Packages WishList
As a current contributor, if you know of projects that would be appropriate in Fedora package collection but are unable to maintain yourself just drop them with a line here. This list can be used to give other contributors ideas on what to package next. Please be aware however that the number of high quality, well maintained packages that Fedora repository provides scales with the number of active contributors. It is just as important to encourage new contributors as it is to desire new packages. If you are not yet a contributor to the Fedora packaging process, please look over this list and see if there are any projects you would be willing to maintain for the Fedora community.
If are interested in contributing to Fedora package collection, take a look at PackageMaintainers
- ACE - An OO network programming toolkit in C++
- AleVT Teletext/Videotext browser for bttv tv cards
- Alfresco Enterprise content management system
- Apertium Toolbox to build shallow-transfer machine translation systems(contact #apertium channel in freenode network).
- APF (Advanced Policy Firewall) - iptables(netfilter) based firewall system
- Asterisk GUI GUI for managing Asterisk servers.
- Axiom - general purpose system for symbolic calculations.
- Blogbridge - Blog and rss reader (in Java)
- bltk - Battery Life Tool Kit is a set of scripts and programs to monitor and log power consumption of Linux laptops/notebooks under different workloads (HuzaifaSidhpurwala is working on it)
- Bongo - Bongo is an easy-to-use mail and calendar system. Fork of Hula. (Review Request (Dropped))
- BrOffice.org - BrOffice.org is the official brazilian release of OpenOffice.org .
- CcHost - Creative Commons CMS that powers ccMixter
- chesnut-dialer A feature-rich Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) dialer written in Python (Review Request )
- CSpace - Secure, decentralized Peer-to-Peer instant messaging (Review request (dropped) )
- clonezilla - opensource clone system
- DansGuardian - Web content filter solution (not a free-enough software -  ??)
- dimdim - open source web meeting product with features like Application, Desktop and Presentation sharing with A/V streaming and chat
- Enigmail - OpenPGP/GnuPG extension for Mozilla Thunderbird and Seamonkey
- Entertainer Is a clutter based media center
- Enthought framework - python framework for building scientific data visualization applications
- Evergreen ILS - open source Integrated Library System (ILS)
- FreeMind - Free mind-mapping software. JPackage SRPM available: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7118&package_id=161830&release_id=574721 . jcalendar only required dependency we don't yet have.
- gcvs - Graphical frontend to cvs
- GEONExT - dynamic mathematics software for teaching and learning mathematics. Written in Java, licensed under GPLv2. Source code can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GeoGebra - free and multi-platform dynamic mathematics software for schools that joins geometry, algebra and calculus. Program released under GPL, documentation under some CC non commercial license so we can't ship the documentation.
- gestikk - Mouse Gesture Recognition
- g15tools - linux support to the g15 keyboard
- GForge - GForge is a software for collaborative development for the software community
- gitosis - Manage ``git`` repositories, provide access to them over SSH, with tight access control and not needing shell accounts. Currently only lives in developers git repository, thus no project website (yet?).
- GimpShop - GimpShop is a fork of gimp for more compatibility with a commercial image editing program.
- gksu & gksudo Sudo (superuser do) allows a system administrator to give certain users (or groups of users) the ability to run some (or all) commands as root or another user while logging the commands and arguments.
- glParchis -- Parcheesi
- Gnu Linux Semantics Storage System - A storage solution that distances you from thinking about Where you store your data to What your data is.
- Gnome Menu Extended . Show KDE menu in GNOME. Complimentary to kmenu-gnome. (Review Request)
- GNS3 - GNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows you to design complex network topologies and to launch simulations on them.
- GNU Bayonne 1 and 2 - Telephony servers
- GPRS Easy Connect - GUI for GPRS connecting and supports 704 phones and 269 providers.
- Gnusound - audio editor.
- Gyache Enhanced - A full-featured Yahoo client for LINUX with voice chat and webcam support
- guppy is an application to download videos from the Topfield TF5000PVRt.
- http_replicator a smart caching proxy ideal for use with apt/yum
- Hyperic HQ - an advanced system and application management platform
- iFolder - requires simias (Review Request )
- IMDbPy - do IMDB searches in Python, RPM package available in the downloads.
- InstallJammer - InstallJammer is a multiplatform GUI installer designed to be completely cross-platform
- ipplan - ipplan is a web-based application for managing IP address allocations
- Irrlicht - lightning fast realtime 3D engine.
- Jing - Jing is James Clarks' RELAX-NG XML schema validator. Example RPMs at authors site, works with gcj.
- JOSM - JOSM is the "Java Open Street Map Editor"
- kbfx - kbfx is an alternative to the classical K-Menu button and it's menu.
- kBuild - Build Enviroment, needed for VirtualBox (Review Request )
- KForge - For managing software and knowledge projects.
- KLogic - KLogic is an application for building and simulating digital circuits easily
- KMyFirewall - an IPTables based firewall configuration tool
- l7-filter - L7-filter is a classifier for Linux's Netfilter that identifies packets based on application layer data.
- KPrayertime - Islamic Prayer Times Applet
- LaTeX2rtf - Translator program to translate a LaTeX document into the RTF format
- libmspack - A library for Microsoft compression formats. If this library is accepted cabextract should link against it.
- liferay - An open source Java based portal application.
- livebackup - LiveBackup is a framework to create live-cd's from installed Linux systems
- Magento - Magento is a new professional open-source eCommerce solution offering unprecedented flexibility and control.
- MapGuide - web-based platform for developing and deployment web mapping applications and geospatial web services.
- mb2md - Perl script for converting Unix mailboxes to Maildir format
- mdp-toolkit - Modular toolkit for Data Processing (MDP) is a Python data processing framework.
- Mercurial Eclipse - hg Eclipse plugin
- mined Unicode text editor
- mixmaster Anonymous remailer client and server
- Mondo Rescue inclusion - Review Request
- Misfitmodel3d - Misfit Model 3D is an OpenGL-based 3D model editor that works with triangle-based models (for SPEC/SRPM contact DanHorak)
- mpd mpc is available, just mpd is missing. NOTE : mpd can't be included as-is in Fedora, because it needs libmad (the MP3 decoding library). The tarball even contains a copy of the libmad code.
- MPlayer - MPlayer media player. --/legal/mplayer.html legal analysis
- MythTV is a homebrew PVR project
- MoBlock - A Peerguardian compatible connection blocker
- Monsoon - A MonoTorrent based GTK# BitTorrent client
- NagiosGrapher - Nagios Stats graphing.
- NAT-PT - Network Address Translation, Protocol Translation IPv4/IPv6 - allows IPv6-only networks to connect to IPv4-only networks (based on RFC 2766)
- nethogs - NetHogs is a small 'net top' tool. Instead of breaking the traffic down per protocol or per subnet, like most tools do, it groups bandwidth by process.
- nss_updatedb - Maintains a local cache of network directory user and group information.
- ntop inclusion (Review Request )
- noteedit - Free music score editor
- nvram-wakeup - Reads and writes the wakeup time in the BIOS
- onBoard - onscreen virtual keyboard
- OnTV - A TV scheduler using XMLTV backends
- OpenGroupware - Groupware software
- openlp.org - Display words for songs, for use in churches
- OpenProj - A desktop replacement of Microsoft Project
- oprofileui - An excellent GTK GUI for the oprofile system profiler
- PAIDA - PAIDA is pure Python scientific analysis package
- Paver - Paver is a Python-based build/distribution/deployment scripting tool along the lines of Make or Rake.
- paint-mono - An unofficial effort to port Paint.NET 3.0 to Linux using Mono
- PHP openid library
- PKCS #11 engine , PKCS #11 library OpenSC addons
- pligg is a digg like CMS that uses PHP and MySQL.
- pmtools Tools for examining kernel ACPI tables
- PPTP-Config - PPTP - config program part of the pptp. Already has FC6 packages.
- Prettify Automake - pretty automake output
- pspp - program for statistical analysis of sampled data.
- PyPE PyPE (Python Programmers' Editor) is an editor written in Python with the wxPython GUI toolkit.
- PyTraffic - A free implementation of the Rush Hour puzzle.
- python-egenix-mxdatetime - date and time handling routines for Python
- QuickSoundFontManager - A gui for (a)sfxload / fluidsync to quick load several SF2 soundfonts in a EMU10k chip
- Remoot - the pseudo-universal remote control wrapper. Wrapper around many apps.
- Remuco - a Remote control server, for mobile phones, similar to Bemused and Salling Clicker
- ROOT - Popular high-energy physics data analysis framework
- Simdock - is a fast and customizable dockbar which fits well in Gnome but works on most desktop environments. Does not require Compiz nor 3D acceleration.
- Songbird - Media Player/Browser (Depends pretty heavily on mp3, flash support, ogg support appears broken, other than that some media player and browser functionality exists)
- speedcontrol - Small utility to limit DVD drive speed, since most DVD readers sound like lawn mowers at full speed which ruins movie playing experience
- spindown - a daemon that can spindown idle disks and so saving energy and giving the disks a longer lifetime.
- SQuirreL SQL - Graphical Java program that will allow you to view the structure of a JDBC compliant database, browse the data in tables, issue SQL commands
- Stet - is a free software package for gathering comments about a text document via a webpage
- Stylus Toolbox - A graphical frontend for managing the functions of Epson Ink Jet printers - including checking ink levels and print head cleaning/alignment.
- Suhosin - An advanced protection system for PHP installations.
- synfig - Film quality 2D vector animation now under GPL
- system-config-control Central control panel for system-config-* tools.
- Tasque - A simple task manager
-  THDL input methods for Tibetan, Dzongkha, Lhadaki
- Tkabber - Free and Open Source client for the Jabber instant messaging system writen in Tcl/Tk.
- TPTP - Eclipse Test & Performance Tools Platform
- Trang - Trang is James Clark's multi-format schema converter based on RELAX-NG. Example RPMs available at authors site and has been checked with gcj.
- TrueCrypt - Free open-source disk encryption software for Linux. Version 5 now includes a WxWidgets Gui and uses Fuse instead of kernel modules for the filesystem parts. Thus, inclusion to Fedora should be possible. Requires some fixing in Main/Main.make to build against Fedora's WxWidgets.
- TuxShop point of sale and retail management application. (Does not appear to be open source - cannot see evidence of OSI-approved license)
- Unicode Character Database Unicode.org UNIDATA files are used by many packages (perl, gucharmap, etc) in private-copy mode. A common package would be cleaner technically and legally.
- Vigor - XMMS plugin that acts like Clippy. Fun!
- VirtualBox - Free Virtual Machine suite from InnoTek ( Collaboration webpage )
- Visual Python - a Python module that offers real-time 3D output, and is easily usable by novice programmers
- Wine-doors - an application designed to make installing windows software on Linux (Review Request (dropped))
- Webmin (web-front end to shorewall) - Review Request (dropped) (NB: Webmin had a rather doubtful security record in the past -- NilsPhilippsen)
- WideStudio an open source, Integrated Development Environment for desktop applications
- Wikidot an open source wiki server/wiki farm.
- xjparse - an XML/XSD validator
- XPad - Sticky note app - Review request (dropped)
- zenoss - Open Source Monitoring Tool
- speechd - Device-independent speech synthesis layer (perhaps useful for OLPC?)
Fedora Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) WishList
Fedora Font Packages WishList
The Fedora font wishlist is hosted there.
Fedora Perl Packages Wishlist
Edit at the Perl SIG wishlist page.
Catalyst::Model::Adaptor - Use a plain class as a Catalyst model @ RHBZ #742538
Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP - HTTP Basic and Digest authentication for Catalyst @ RHBZ #742549
Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::DBIC - Store your sessions via DBIx::Class @ RHBZ #742555
CatalystX::Profile - Profile your Catalyst application with Devel::NYTProf @ RHBZ #742557
CatalystX::REPL - Read::eval::print::loop for debugging your Catalyst application @ RHBZ #742559
CatalystX::SimpleLogin - Provide a simple Login controller which can be reused @ RHBZ #742560
Catalyst::ActionRole::ACL - User role::based authorization action class @ RHBZ #742542
HTML::FormHandler - HTML forms using Moose @ RHBZ #742543
MooseX::RelatedClassRoles - Apply roles to a class related to yours @ RHBZ #742545
CatalystX::InjectComponent - Inject components into your Catalyst application @ RHBZ #742552
Task::Moose -- Moose extensions thought of as "standard."
- Task::Kensho - "A Glimpse at an Enlightened Perl"
Task::Kensho::Exceptions RHBZ #822881
Task::Kensho::OOP RHBZ #822878
Task::Kensho::Testing RHBZ #689477
Task::Kensho::Toolchain RHBZ #689797
Task::Kensho::Logging RHBZ #844670
Task::Padre::Plugin::Deps @ RHBZ #500959- not needed at the moment, it might be rewritten in the future
Acme::PlayCode @ RHBZ #497800
Audio::Beep @ RHBZ #573802
Capture::Tiny @ RHBZ #497807
ExtUtils::InferConfig @ RHBZ #498193
ExtUtils::InstallPAR @ RHBZ #498191
PAR::Packer @ RHBZ #500958
Padre 0.21 not found. We have 0.32.
Syntax::Highlight::Engine::Kate @ RHBZ #497283
Syntax::Highlight::Perl6 @ RHBZ #495693not needed in this release
URI 1.37 not found. We have 1.37.
WebService::Validator::CSS::W3C @ RHBZ #498196
WebService::Validator::HTML::W3C @ RHBZ #498198
perl5i Perl5i @ RHBZ #998496+ dependancies:
autobox::Core @ RHBZ #730031
autobox::dump @ RHBZ #730033
autobox::List::Util @ RHBZ #730034
autovivification @ RHBZ #730037
Child @ RHBZ #730038
DateTime::Format::Epoch @ RHBZ #730043
DateTime::TimeZone::Tzfile @ RHBZ #751809
indirect @ RHBZ #730069
Modern::Perl @ RHBZ #722653
- Object::ID @ RHBZ #998235
Perl6::Caller @ RHBZ #998434
Taint::Util @ RHBZ #998447
true @ RHBZ #998465<strike>
- Bricolage - Content Management System (CPAN: Bundle::Bricolage)
- Alzabo - Data modelling tool (CPAN: Alzabo)
- Encode::HanExtra - Extra encodings for Encode (for w3c-markup-validator) @ RHBZ #759758
- Encode::JIS2K - Extra encodings for Encode (for w3c-markup-validator) @ RHBZ #759760
- IMC - Idealx Management Console
- All dependencies should already be in Fedora.
- StevenPritchard has put some work into this already.
- PlRPC - A bundle to install PlRPC-Server, Client and prerequisites.
- NetPacket::SpanningTree - Assemble and disassemble IEEE 802.3 LLC protocol packets. @ RHBZ #573917
- Inline::Python - Place python code inline with perl, or use python classes/functions within perl
- App::Rad - Rapid (and easy!) creation of command line applications
- Net::Sharktools - Use Wireshark's packet dissection engine from Perl (draft specfile); doesn't work with Wireshark 1.6; works with Wireshark 1.4
- Method::Signatures - To make subroutine calls easier to read
- ZeroMQ - Perl wrapper of the 0MQ message passing library. @ RHBZ #747674
- cpan:Dist-Zilla-Plugins-CJM - Additional useful Dist::Zilla plugins
- cpan:Data-Dump-Color - We already package Data::Dump, this is even better.
- Bio::SCF dependency of already packaged perl-Bio-Graphics
Fedora Games Packages WishList
If you want to add games to the list do so on the Fedora Games SIG WishList .
Fedora Astronomy Packages WishList
If you want to add astronomy related packages to the list do so on the Fedora Astronomy SIG WishList .
Web Hosting Control Panels
Analysis of Free software web hosting control panels available for packaging in Fedora.
Edit at SIGs/SciTech/BioinformaticsWishList .
- Autodock Vina - Tool for drug discovery, molecular docking and virtual screening. A preliminary spec file is available.
- COPASI - Simulation and analysis of biochemical networks and their dynamics, supports SBML standard for models
- Cytoscape - Platform for the analysis and visualization of complex networks, in particular molecular interaction networks and biological pathways
- GENtle - DNA restriction analysis and cloning tool similar to VectorNTI
- Integrative Genomics Viewer - java-based graphical genomics viewer (licensed under GPLv2)
- MIRA - Genome fragment assembler for sequencing projects classified as 'hard' due to high number of similar repeats.
- NCBI BLAST and other tools - The Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST) finds regions of local similarity between sequences.
- ncbi-blast+ packaged by jkaluza - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=999383
- NCBI C Toolkit - NCBI libraries and tools for biology applications srpm here
- NCBI C++ Toolkit - a new generation of NCBI libraries and tools for biology
- pyQPCR - qPCR analysis tool
- Staden - sequence handling and analysis software developed at the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
- Taverna - Tool for automation of experimental workflows.
- The WFDB Software Package - Software for viewing, analyzing, and creating recordings of physiologic signals
Formal Methods WishList
The paper "High Assurance (for Security or Safety) and Free-Libre / Open Source Software (FLOSS)... with Lots on Formal Methods" by David A. Wheeler lists lots of tools that can help develop "high assurance" software, particularly "formal methods" tools. Wheeler is working with several people to package some of these for Fedora, but the more the merrier!
Some of these tools include:
- Why / Caduceus / Krakatoa
- Alloy (from MIT)
- BLAST, at http://mtc.epfl.ch/software-tools/blast/ (don't use the obsolete version at Berkeley)
- HOL 4
- HOL Lite
- fuzz (the type checker for Z, not the random-input fuzzer; this may need a new name)
Additional CAS tools, like Axiom, Yacas, and SAGE would be helpful too.
See the Wheeler paper (above) for project URLs, license info, what they do, etc.
Please notify email@example.com if you decide to assist OLPC by packaging any of the following software in Fedora!
- rainbow - (This is a really a "help port Rainbow to F-9" since it's already maintained in Fedora CVS).
- postgres-8.3 - (XS is currently based on F-7. We could rebuild this for F-7 or start rebasing the XS onto F-9 or CentOS-5.2).
- upgrade-server - for olpc-update.
- backup client & server
OLPC Activities can now be packaged in Fedora for use with the Sugar desktop according to the packaging guidelines.
See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities for a list of interesting activities.
How to add a package
If you're not already a Fedora maintainer, but interested in creating a package on this wish list, see PackageMaintainers/Join for the general process, and PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo for the nuts-and-bolts of how to create a package. Packaging/Guideline describes the guidelines Fedora packages must follow.
The special interest groups may provide additional guidelines and help for processing the packages posted on their wishlist.