Test Plan for polkit-kde
How to test on F-12
- You need to have Fedora 12
su -c "yum localinstall polkit-kde-0.95.1-4.fc12.*.rpm"
- Kill Gnome Authentication Agent and start the KDE one
- Test whether Authentication Agent is running
- Do some PolicyKit action that requires authentication, for example
pkexec echo "Hello, world"
- When you execute this action as regular user, this should happened:
- KDE (not the Gnome one) authentication dialog should appear (above all windows)
- You can display details of the action
- You can enter wrong root password and the dialog shows an error with short delay (delay is needed to prevent automatic attacks)
- PolicyKit should deny your action on pressing Cancel button or after 3 unsuccessful attempts to enter password
- You can enter proper root password, dialog will disappear and the text Hello, World appears in the terminal window
- Authentication dialog doesn't appear above all windows
- Bug #530456 Dialog doesn't accept empty password (if it is empty - e.g. on Live CD)