This is a very, very plain base template - a blank canvas upon which a Fedora design bounty ninja will unleash their creativity.
Some points to note up-front:
- The template uses a light text on a dark background. This is because slide presentations are usually shown on a projector, and having a light-colored background can be overwhelming since it physically sends a lot more light to the viewer than a darker background. Sticking with light text on a dark background rather than vice-versa should make for a more pleasant viewing experience.
- The font Comfortaa should be used for titles. The font Droid Sans should be used for body text.
- What counts as a 'title', and what counts as 'body text' is sometimes confusing. The presentation title and slide titles are definitely titles, and bullet points are definitely body text. Beyond that is up to you.
- The slide design should be consistent with the Fedora brand. We do have specific colors and a general style we try to align to. Our current draft guidelines include the full swatch and should give you a good overview of the style we tend to follow. You may also want to refer to our logo usage guidelines.
Some points slide-by-slide:
- This slide is left up on-screen before the speaker starts, so it may be visible for a while.
- There's room for both a presentation title and subtitle
- The presenter's name is given a space, and beneath there are fields for their job title / affiliation / background
- In the lower left there is a spot for the presenter to indicate the license of their slides
- Today's topics is a bulleted list of all the topics covered in the presentation - like a table of contents
- Before each topic in the presentation is covered, there's a slide to indicate the title of the topic that is about to start, centered and in a large size font.
- This slide represents the meat of a topic in the presentation.
- These slides might have pictures, bullet points, flat text descriptions, diagrams - pretty much anything.
- This slide serves as a quick run-down of all topics covered to summarize the speaker's points.
- This slide is left up on-screen while the speaker handles questions, so it will be up for a while.
- The speaker's contact information is displayed in the lower left.
- The slide license details are displayed again in the lower left.
Please feel free to be as creative as you'd like with these slides. Custom illustrations, innovative layouts - let your creativity go wild!
Here's some inspiration found from popular slide shows on http://slideshare.net :
- Meethenry-inspiration-slidedeck.png http://www.slideshare.net/chereemoore/meet-henry
- Advanceddjango-inspiration-slidedeck.png http://www.slideshare.net/simon/advanced-django
- Mongodb-inspiration-slidedeck.png http://www.slideshare.net/jnunemaker/why-mongodb-is-awesome
- Ppcompanypreso-inspiration-slidedeck.png http://www.slideshare.net/PowerPointing.com/powerpointing-company-presentation
- Canaanbook-inspiration-slidedeck.png http://www.slideshare.net/canaanpartners/canaan-entrepreneur-pitchbook-presentation