(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 16:35, 24 May 2008
Fedora 7 Test 2 Pre-Release Test Coordination
This is the Fedora default QA matrix against which every test and final release is to run through. Any bugs found in this test would be considered release blockers. This page is going to be used to help coordinate testing of pre-F7 trees in an effort to be more clear about where things stand.
This page exists to track testing progress of a tree before its release. After release, there will be another page for tracking more in-depth testing of the distribution and its features - watch this space for a link.
Generic Release Criteria
Current Testing Tree
development repo is a daily snapshot of the current testing tree.
For network installs, you can use the boot.iso in the images/ directory.
Unfortunately, network issues make it nearly impossible to release daily snapshots of full ISO sets. Fortunately we now have software tools that allow you to create your own iso sets. See ["QA/7/BuildingISOs"] .
For reference, here are the Blocker and Target bugs for this release:
- Blocker - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=FC7Blocker
- Target - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=FC7Target
The following bugs have been found. Please include a link to the bug in bugzilla. The ReleaseEngineering team will make the call as to whether bugs are a test release blocker or not.
- No video on 12" PowerBook without "video=ofonly" - no bug filed yet
- rescue mode fails to detect mdraid - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/230138
Current testing needs
The following is a list of things which need to be tested to help ensure a valid tree.
|Install Type||Install Arch||Install Details||Install Notes|
|Upgrade||Any||Test upgrade, ensure necessary things blacklisted (yum list extras)||ppc|
|Upgrade||Any||Test multi-repo upgrade|
|Install||Any||Test multi-repo installs|
|Text mode FTP/HTTP||Any||Ensure text mode with minstg2 sane|
|SELinux check||All||Need to ensure that fresh installs of all arches come up without any SELinux AVC errors||x86_64 passed|
|VNC||Any||Make sure vnc installs work with connect parameters, password param, or none at all||vnc by itself works|
|Any||All||Make sure default install doesn't include -devel packages||x86_64, i386 passed|
|DVD||All||Media Check Passes||i386, x86_64, ppc|
|USB||Any||Test installation onto removable media.||x86_64|
|Install Source||Install Type||Arches Completed||Install Notes|
|NFS ISO||Default||i386, ppc|
|HTTP||Default with 256megs of ram|
|FTP||Default with 256megs of ram|
Bugs from Test1 - check to see if they've been fixed!
- SystemError: lvcreate failed for LogVol01 - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/224234
- Harddrive install failure (pre F7-test1) - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/224534
- G5 PowerMac locks up after ~1min - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/224642
- SELinux AVCs with exim - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/225353
- mdraid rescue cannot find system - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/225468
- Fonts are somewhat tiny - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/224665 FIXED
- Anaconda traceback on systems using reiserfs - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/227278