QA/TestCases/LUKS Select encryption (fs on LV of LVM PVs)
Support the use of encrypted filesystems for anything other than /boot using cryptsetup and LUKS. This includes install time creation/configuration, as well as integrated support in mkinitrd and initscripts (others?). Currently we are only pursuing support for encrypted devices using cryptsetup/LUKS.
When using encrypted file systems/block devices, the functionality should continue to work as expected, and not create situations where the encryption leads to undesired errors.
Steps To Reproduce
- start the installer
- enter the disk druid paritioning screen
- Create a new LV filesystem (such as device /dev/LogVol00) on a new or existing LVM PV group
- select the "encrypt" checkbox for the partition using the new device
- enter a passphrase for the partition
- continue the installation
in post-install system, verify:
- a passphrase for the LV LV device is required to access it
- an entry for the filesystem using the LVM LV device exists in /etc/crypttab