The m17n keymaps for Indic languages that follows new Enhanced Inscript draft standard(Inscript2). These keymaps are feature for Fedora 17 and also added in F16. These keymaps are not available in < F16.
Follow up to the steps in QA:Testcase i18n input method setup to configure the input method on the desktop.
How to test
- First we need to enable extended layer which can be switched on by using AltGr key. Following are the steps to enable AltGr support
1) Start the gnome-control-center and click on "Region and Language"
2) Then click on the Layouts tab and then click on "Options" button.
3) Search for "key to choose 3rd level" and enable checkbox "Right Alt"
4) Also you need to add inscript2 keymap in ibus.
5) After adding inscript2 keymap, restart the ibus and then select this newly added keymap
- Once you are done with the above steps you can then start input using this keymap. To test whether extended layer is working or not, just try to input <AltGr + f > or <AltGr + r> or <AltGr + 4>. These are the input keys that most keymaps have mappings. If you will see the corresponding character using any of the 3 inputs then you have a working Inscript2 keymap.
Note:- AltGr key is same as "Right Alt" key
Selected language should output characters as per the Draft of Enhanced inscript
Bug 746562 Inscript2