This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Logger reporting plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'yum install abrt-plugin-logger'
- Confirm that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Click on the panel applet to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then click on Open
- When you reach reporter selector page, select Logger
- Use "Configure Events" button in the same window to change log file path. The default path,
/var/log/abrt.log, is usually not writable by regular users, so pick somewhere inside your home directory. The file does not have to exist, it will be created
- Click through to the last window of the wizard
- After you finish the steps in wizard at the last screen you should see "The report was stored to <FILENAME>"
- Open the log file and see if crash information is in it and is well-formatted