QA:Testcase Boot Methods Dvd
This test validates that the installation program starts successfully when booting a system using a
- Prepare your system for booting a
DVD.isoimage. This may involve writing the image to a USB key, or using
dvdrecordto write to an optical disk.
- Check your system boot order preferences to ensure that the optical DVD drive (or USB drive) boot target is enabled.
How to test
- Insert the
DVD.isointo the appropriate device (optical DVD drive or USB drive), and boot the system under test.
- Graphical boot menu is displayed for users to select install options. Navigating the menu and selecting entries must work. If no option is selected, the installer should load after a reasonable timeout
- Installer boots into loader and prompts for language, keymap
- Installer transitions to anaconda without error