m (moved QA/TestCases/BootMethodsPxeboot to QA:Testcase BootMethodsPxeboot: Use QA:Testcase_ prefix)
Revision as of 06:27, 29 June 2011
This test confirms that you are able to install a system when booting the installer using only a kernel and initial ramdisk image.
How to test
- Boot test system off the network using the kernel (
images/pxeboot/vmlinuz) and initial ramdisk image (
- When prompted, entry a language and keymap preference
- Choose an installation method (HTTP, NFS, hard drive etc...) and provide the requested information so anaconda can locate the installation repository. If selecting a network-based installation method, you may also be prompted to choose a network device and enter network parameters.
- Graphical boot menu is displayed for users to select install options. If no option is selected, the installer should load after a reasonable timeout
- Installer boots into loader and prompts for language, keymap
- Installer transitions to anaconda without error
- The installer utilizes the package repository at the provided installation source