This test will verify that anaconda can download the requested kickstart file using a HTTP url. It requires a valid kickstart file and a working HTTP host.
How to test
- Prepare a valid kickstart file. For help creating a kickstart file, examine the file
/root/anaconda-ks.cfgon a previously installed system. This file contains the kickstart instructions used to install that system. For additional guidance on kickstart syntax, see Anaconda/Kickstart.
- Copy the kickstart file to a publicly-accessible place on your HTTP host.
- Boot the system and add a
inst.ksargument like the following to the boot command line:
ks.cfgis successfully obtained from the specified location
- The installer should honor the kickstart commands provided in the
- If sufficient commands are provided to fully automate an installation, the installer must not prompt for user input.