QA:Testcase Power Management tuned powersave idle
This test case measures energy consumed by you system while in active idle with powersave tuned profile activated.
- Check that you have pm-test-day package installed:
$ rpm -q pm-test-day
For better results disable screensaver, screen dimming/turning off, transition to sleep mode and cron service:
- Disable screensaver (if applicable).
- Disable sleep mode, in Gnome 3:
$ gnome-control-center power
- In "On battery power" and in "When plugged in", "Suspend when inactive for:" check there are selected "Don't suspend".#* Set "Turn screen off when inactive for" to max. value (i.e. 1 hour).
- Disable LCD power savings, in Gnome 3:
$ gnome-control-center screen
- Uncheck "Dim screen to save power".
- Set "Turn off after" to max. value (i.e. 1 hour).
- Set "Lock screen after:" to max. value (i.e. 1 hour).
- For all measurements set "Brigthness" to max. value.
- Disable cron:
# systemctl stop crond.service
How to test
- Activate tuned by:
# systemctl start tuned.service
- Enable tuned powersave profile by:
# tuned-adm profile powersave
- If you have laptop running on battery, run the following command:
- Otherwise connect your external wattmeter and measure energy consumed in 15 minute interval.
- Do not touch your computer until the test completes (15 minutes).
- Write the output to the results table.
- Energy consumed during the test.