This test case tests Retrace Server's integration into ABRT GUI.
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the following command:
su -c 'yum install abrt-retrace-client'
- Make sure you have ABRT crashes caught by CCpp (crashes in C and C++ applications) that need retrace (i.e. you haven't already retrieved the necessary debuginfo packages and generated the full backtrace) available. If you do not have any, run a C or C++ application and crash it using
kill -SIGSEGV (pid) or
pkill -SIGSEGV (processname)
How to test
abrt-gui and select a binary crash
- GUI should ask whether you want to upload core to a remote server, answer YES.
- Wait until the job is finished
- Continue with reporting
- Not all distributions are supported. For example, trying to retrace Fedora 13 crash will result into an error.
- If reporting is unsuccessful, please include the reporting log in your abrt bug report. Reporting log can be cut and pasted from GUI report window, or retrieved from event_log file in problem data directory (e.g.
- The backtrace should be generated and it should good quality (all relevant symbols should be present - except for