QA:Testcase USB stick DVD litd
Revision as of 14:13, 16 February 2012
This test verifies that Fedora DVD Image can be booted & installed from USB stick
There are more methods to create the Live USB stick, this test covers Livecd-iso-to-disk.
- Prepare the DVD ISO image and USB stick.
- Copy the
DVD.isoto the USB stick using Livecd-iso-to-disk
How to test
- Insert the USB stick containing
DVD.iso, and boot the installer
- Proceed through install process selecting a set of packages
- Remove the USB stick before rebooting into installed system when instructed by installer.
- Check that the computer boots to the installed system, with the USB stick unplugged
- Graphical boot menu is displayed for users to select install options. Navigating the menu and selecting entries must work. If no option is selected, the installer should load after a reasonable timeout
- Installer boots into loader and prompts for language, keymap
- Installer transitions to anaconda without error
- The installer should not require you to configure a package repository, it should be able to install using the packages present on the USB stick.
- Anaconda functions properly and successfully installs required packages
- Package errors should not occur
- The installed system boots successfully.