QA:Testcase Virt Multiqueue Net
Configure multiple networking queues for your VM. This is a performance optimization.
Functioning virt host and VM created on F20+.
How to test
- Start with a shutoff VM. Edit the guest XML:
sudo virsh edit test-day-vm
- In the <interface> block, add the following XML:
<driver name='vhost' queues='4'/>
- Save and exit
- Launch the VM, login, go to a root terminal.
- Enable the queues with:
ethtool -L eth0 combined 4
- Note: you might get an selinux notification on the host: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1016326
- Ping something to verify networking at least didn't fall over :)
- Shutdown the VM, undo the changes if desired.
No obvious errors occur, all results are as indicated.