Setup a serial console for the guest, verify tools can connect to it, and the guest OS automatically configures things correctly.
Functioning virt host, a function Fedora VM created on F20+
How to test
- Open virt-manager. Start with a shutoff VM.
- Verify the guest already has a virtio console configured in the VM details window (if not, see the note above)
- Open virt-manager. Start the VM. Verify with the graphical console that the VM starts correctly.
- In the graphical window, select View->Text Consoles->Text Console 1
- Verify that a login prompt appears on the text console. Verify you can log in correctly. 'exit' to log out. Close the virt-manager VM window.
- On the command line, connect to the console with virsh:
sudo virsh console test-day-vm
- Verify you can login as done with virt-manager. Send ctrl+] to exit
No obvious errors occur.