QA:Testcase Virtualization PXE Guest Install
Install a Fedora VM from PXE.
Initial test day setup, a pre-existing PXE setup. Either a specially configured virtual network or host bridge device is required for guests to PXE boot.
How to test
- Run virt-manager (should autoconnect to qemu)
- Launch the 'New VM' wizard
- Choose the 'PXE' option
- Make sure to enter a valid OS type, it's important for performance defaults.
- Proceed with through the wizard, using the default suggested values.
- On the final page, use the VM name: test-day-vm
- Ensure there are no network warnings on the final page. Choose the appropriate network device for PXE booting.
- Start the install, and perform the install as you would on a normal machine.
An example virt-install invocation looks like
$> virt-install --name test-day-vm --ram 2048 \ --disk path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/test-day-vm.img,size=10 \ --os-variant fedora20 \ --pxe
Guest installations start and perform without any issues. Guest is bootable after install completes.