This test case will test setting up a virtual guest with spice.
How to test
- Click on the local connection.
- Click NEW button at the top of Virtual Machine Manager dialog.
- Fill out virtual machine name ,such as vm-test,and Click Forward button.
- Point the ISO image Location, and Forward
- Check Automatically detect operating system based on install media
- Click Forward button.
- Select Memory and CPUs, and click Forward. (such as 512M and 2 cpus)
- Create a disk image and Click Forward button.
- Open Advanced options,uncheck Set a fixed mac address,select the correct architecture .Click Customize configuration before install
- Click Finish button.
- Then Divert to guest virtual details page, remove the Display VNC device . click the Add Hardware button at the left bottom, Add Graphics -> Type SPICE server . Click Finish , and back to guest detail overview pannel, Apply and Click Begin Installation.
- Start the guest , and try following commands to access spice graphic interface
#ps -aef |grep spice /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm .................... -spice port=5900,addr=127.0.0.1,disable-ticketing -vga cirrus -device AC97,id=sound0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4 -device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x6 #spicec -h 127.0.0.1 -p $spice_port (in this example , it is 5900)
- You could access the spice interface and continue the guest installation.