This test case verifies that Xen DomU networking works correctly, including the ability to attach/detach network devices.
How to test
- From the dom0, attach new virbr to the rawhide domU
$> virsh attach-interface rawhide bridge virbr0
- Inside the guest, run
$> ifconfigYou should be able to it.
- Trying pinging the gateway from it
$> ping -I eth? -c 2 192.168.122.1
- From the dom0, disconnect the disk from the rawhide guest
$> virsh detach-interface rawhide bridge
- Download this File:Xen-domu-attach-nics.sh script to the dom0, and make it executable with
chmod +x Xen-domu-attach-nics.sh. This shell script attempts to attach 40 network devices. Run it with
Xen-domu-attach-nics.shSee how many attached, there should probably be at least 16.
- When you are finished, run
$> Xen-domu-attach-nics.sh rawhide removeto clean up.
- The network devices should be presented to the domU on attach-interface, and removed from the guest on detach-interface.
- The rawhide guest should be able to use the network interfaces.