This test case verifies that Xen DomU networking works correctly, including the ability to attach/detach network devices.
How to test
- From the dom0, attach a new virbr0 type interface to the rawhide domU
$> virsh attach-interface rawhide bridge virbr0
- Inside the guest, run
$> ifconfigYou should be able to see it.
- Trying pinging the gateway from it
$> ping -I eth? -c 2 192.168.122.1
- From the dom0, disconnect the interface from the rawhide guest
$> virsh detach-interface rawhide bridge
- Try adding at least 16 with something like this
$>for i in `seq 1 15` ; do virsh attach-interface rawhide bridge virbr0 ; done
- Now repeat the steps but with type xenbr0, i.e. use
$> virsh attach-interface rawhide bridge xenbr0to attach.
- The network devices should be presented to the domU on attach-interface, and removed from the guest on detach-interface.
- The rawhide guest should be able to use the network interfaces.