QA:Testcase Virtualization XenDomU Network
This test case verifies that Xen DomU networking works correctly, including the ability to attach/detach network devices.
How to test
- From the dom0, attach a new virbr0 type interface to the rawhide domU
$> virsh attach-interface rawhide bridge virbr0
- Inside the guest run
$> ifconfigYou should be able to see it. It will probably be eth1, assuming you already had eth0 setup from installation.
- Trying pinging the gateway from it
$> ifconfig eth1 192.168.122.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
$> ping -I eth1 -c 2 192.168.122.1
- From the dom0, disconnect the interface from the rawhide guest
$> virsh detach-interface rawhide bridge [--mac <mac>]If you don't specify the mac address you may remove eth0 instead.
- Try adding at least 16 with something like this
$> for i in `seq 1 15` ; do virsh attach-interface rawhide bridge virbr0 ; done
- Now you can repeat the steps but with type xenbr0, that is using
$> virsh attach-interface rawhide bridge xenbr0. Note, this will require you configure the interface differently, possibly with dhcp. That's most easily done with the ifup/down scripts in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.
- The network devices should be presented to the domU on attach-interface, and removed from the guest on detach-interface.
- The rawhide guest should be able to use the network interfaces.