QA:Testcase arm image deployment
This case tests whether a direct deployment of a Fedora image works on an ARM platform.
- Make any required changes to the test system's bootloader configuration.
How to test
- Download the image you wish to test. There are two variants of each image, VFAT and ext. If the platform you are testing supports ext images, use the ext image. If it does not, use the VFAT image. The ARM install instruction page lists which variant to use for which platforms.
- Write it to a form of media bootable on the test system following any instructions given on the appropriate instruction page (e.g. Architectures/ARM/F22/Installation for the currently-pending Fedora release). Usually, this means running a command like
xzcat -v <filename>.raw.xz > /dev/<location-of-your-media>
- Attach the written medium to the test system and boot it, ensuring the medium takes priority over other boot methods.
- The system boots to the initial-setup tool.