QA:Testcase ibus gnome shell
This test-case is for the ibus gnome-shell extension available in F15 or later.
How to test
Gnome-shell requires a physical machine with a graphics driver supporting 3D acceleration to avoid GNOME running runs in fallback mode without any extensions available and ibus using the ibus notification icon.
For F18, ibus-gnome3 is no longer used so if you installed it, please disable the extension and uninstall it.
su -c 'rpm -e ibus-gnome3'
- You need to add ibus engines using 'gnome-control-center region'.
- You need to enable ibus trigger keys using 'gnome-control-center keyboard'.
- You might need to disable to run ibus from imsettings since ibus is launched by gnome-settings-daemon on gnome-shell.
- You could add the following line in /etc/xdg/autostart/imsettings-start.desktop:
AutostartCondition=GNOME3 if-session gnome-fallback
- Now ibus was integrated in gnome-shell so you can see the ibus on gnome-shell by default.
- Clicking on the icon should show a gnome-shell menu rather than a gtk menu.
- General test:
- Focus on a text application (e.g. gedit or gnome-terminal) and type the ibus trigger key (e.g. Super + Space) several times.
- IBus settings:
- 'gnome-control-center region' shows IME setting button.
- 'gnome-control-center keyboard' shows IME trigger key.
- Keymap settings:
- Click on ibus status icon and choose "Region and Language Settings" menu item.
- Lookup window test:
- Focus on a text application and type an ibus trigger key (e.g. Super + Space) and type a char and Space key sevaral time to show the ibus lookup window.
- General test: ibus status icon shows language characters (e.g. 'us') for the keymap engines and IM symbol characters (e.g. 'あ') for IM engines (e.g. ibus-anthy).
- IBus settings: gnome-control-center shows the setting button.
- Keymap settings: 'gnome-control-center region' is launched.
- Lookup window test: clutter based lookup window is shown.