This test-case is to check that input works correctly for your ibus input-method.
Follow up to the steps in QA:Testcase i18n input method setup to configure the input method on the desktop.
How to test
You may want to prepare some test sentences and/or phrases to input preferably mixed with some ASCII (eg English) text including punctuation.
- General test: input test sentences into various applications you use often. Test both with the input-method on and off and make sure you can input all the characters you commonly use on your keyboard.
- Additional tests for Chinese, Japanese and Korean users (who are testing hanja input):
- Modify a few characters in your test sentences invoking candidate selection.
- Incomplete character handling tests:
- switch off/on:
- switch on IM, type an incomplete word and then switch off IM.
- type a few English keys.
- switch on IM again, then input a different character
- focus out/in: Similar to the previous on/off subtest, but switch focus to another window with the mouse to focus out, type a few English words, then focus back on the application with the mouse.
- switch off/on:
- Pre-edit buffer test: type a few complete characters and an incomplete character in pre-edit buffer. Then perform the following sub-tests:
- Switch off/on: with some pre-edit text try turning off the input-method, input some ASCII text, turn on the input-method again and continue to input with the input method.
- Focus out/in: with some pre-edit test switch focus to another window with the mouse, input some text there, return to your application and continue your input
- General test: Committed string should be expected text from your test sentences.
- Additional CJK tests:
- Candidate selection test: Committed string should reflect the modified characters: the expected behaviour may vary somewhat depending on the language being tested.
- Incomplete character handling test: Incomplete characters should not appear in the committed string, while other input should be shown as normal.
- Pre-edit buffer test: Incomplete characters should not appear, while complete characters should be in the committed string (it is OK if the contents of the Pre-edit buffer are lost on focus out/in or turning the input method off and on again).