QA:Testcase install repository Hard drive variation
This test is designed to test installation from an ISO image on a local disk partition by
- Prepare a system with a spare disk partition to store a 4.5Gib ISO image. Typically, this can be accomplished by booting into the installer and proceeding to the disk partitioning step
- Create a 5G physical disk partition (cannot be a LVM logical volume) with mount point
/iso. Remember the disk partition device (e.g.
/dev/sdc4) as this will be needed in later steps.
- Complete the installation as desired.
How to test
- Copy the installation ISO image into the
- Boot your system into the installation program using any available means (netinst.iso, pxeboot images or DVD.iso)
- Direct anaconda to use the install repository from the disk partition where you copied the ISO image. Provide the device name, LABEL, or UUID of the disk partition by
repo=boot argument. For example:
- Complete the installation as desired
- Anaconda uses the install repository from the hard disk provided
- Anaconda completes the hard drive installation successfully
- Package errors (install.log) should not occur
- System boots successfully