QA:Testcase install repository Hard drive variation
This test is designed to test installation from an ISO image on a local disk partition by
- Prepare a system with a spare disk partition to store a 4.5Gib ISO image. Typically, this can be accomplished by booting into the installer and proceeding to the disk partitioning step
- Create a 5G physical disk partition (cannot be a LVM logical volume) with mount point
/iso. Remember the disk partition device (e.g.
/dev/sdc4) as this will be needed in later steps.
- Complete the installation as desired.
How to test
- Copy the installation ISO image into the
- Boot your system into the installation program using any available means (netinst.iso, pxeboot images or DVD.iso)
- Direct anaconda to use the install repository from the disk partition where you copied the ISO image. Provide the device name, LABEL, or UUID of the disk partition and the directory containing the image by
repo=boot argument. For example:
- Complete the installation as desired
- Anaconda uses the install repository from the hard disk provided
- Anaconda completes the hard drive installation successfully
- Package errors (install.log) should not occur
- System boots successfully