This install verifies that installing to a Parallel ATA device works properly. You can use a bare metal machine with PATA bus or you can use a KVM virtual machine (you have to set the disk bus type to IDE).
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means
- Choose appropriate installation source such as NFS or HTTP.
- Choose either automated partitioning or custom partitioning if you want to create your own disk layout.
- Review partitioning layout to confirm installer is installing to PATA device.
- Proceed with normal installation
- All installable PATA devices are successfully detected by installer and are available for partitioning.
- Partitions are created and formatted properly.
- Install completes successfully
- Package errors (install.log) should not occur
- System boots successfully recognizing filesystems created on the PATA device(s).