QA:Testcase radeon 3D openarena
Checking that your card and software can render id Tech 3 (Quake III Arena engine)-based games. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration (unless you need it for basic X operation to suceed)
- Ensure that
glxinfo | grep 'OpenGL renderer'
does not return
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
- Install the openarena package: `yum -y install openarena`
- Launch openarena from a terminal.
- Edit the game settings: resolution, texture details, and polygon complexity, according to your video card's performance. You might want to start with low settings.
- Launch an arena and play for a while.
- Use all the weapons in the game, especially the rocket launcher: it generates reflections on surfaces. If you see distinctly polygons instead of smooth surfaces, this is a rendering bug.
- Quit openarena.
- no crash.
- no obvious misrendering (flickering, transparent walls, polygons instead of surfaces...)