Checking that your card and software can render id Tech 3 (Quake III Arena engine)-based games. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration (unless you need it for basic X operation to suceed)
- Ensure that
glxinfo | grep 'OpenGL renderer'does not return:
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
- Install the openarena package: `yum -y install openarena`
- Launch openarena from a terminal.
- Edit the game settings (Esc => Setup => System): Video mode, texture details, and geometric details, according to your video card's performance. You might want to start with low settings.
- Launch a single player arena (WRACKDM17 has many weapons) and play for a while. Please remember, you do not need to win to complete this test case successfully.
- Use all the weapons in the game, especially the rocket launcher and the grenade launcher. Both generate reflections on surfaces. If you see distinctly polygons instead of smooth surfaces, this is a rendering bug.
- Try to fetch the Quad Damage bonus at the very top of the WRACKDM17 level and look at the light effects around you (on surfaces). Again, you should not see any polygon flickering.
- Quit openarena.
- no crash.
- no obvious misrendering (flickering, transparent walls, polygons instead of surfaces...)