Red Hat Summit 2012
The Red Hat Summit is a conference where Red Hat converses with its customers. A Fedora presence supports the event by demonstrating the importance of community in the Red Hat ecosystem, but also benefits Fedora because Red Hat's customers are sometimes interested in looking at and contributing to Fedora once they find out about us.
The coordinator for the Fedora presence at Summit is Robyn Bergeron. The Summit-planning mailing list is also used to coordinate the logistics of prepping and attending Summit, and those intending to attend or participate in planning are encouraged to sign up to receive mail from this list.
Date and Location
- 2012-06-26 through 2012-06-29 (Tue-Fri), see schedule below
- Hynes Convention Center, 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210
- Conference URL
- Red Hat Summit 2012
- Registration is now open.
Twitter / identi.ca
There is typically an identified #hashtag for tweeting and denting; it is typically #redhat or #summitjbw, will update this as we go along.
If you are representing Fedora at this event please sign up below, include the link to your personal wiki page and note the capacity in which you will be representing the project (i.e. helping at the booth, speaking, running special Fedora activities at the event, etc.).
|001||Robyn Bergeron||No||Event owner and coordinator|
|002||Sarah White||Yes||Can help at booth or with other activities|
|003||Sandro Mathys||No||Will spend much time at the booth but will need to attend some talks (just as in previous years)|
|005||Sebastian Dziallas||Maybe||Around for OSDC session; happy to help|
|007||Susan Lauber||No||Should be around for setup/cleanup and between talks (like previous years)|
List conference events, including date, start time, and location, below that may be relevant to Fedora users. Relevant events include when the booth might be staffed, when Fedora contributors are giving talks, when special activities are happening, etc.
|Event||Date||Time||Location (building, room #, etc)|
|Event title here|
|Tuesday, June 26|
|Add event here|
|Wednesday, June 27|
We are back in the Hynes Convention Center this year, albeit newly refurbished. More info on our prospective location soon.
|Tuesday, June 26, 2012|
|Wednesday, June 27, 2012|
|Thursday, June 28, 2012|
|Friday, June 29, 2012|
|Robyn Bergeron will be available at most times except where marked, but could use help any time you're free. If you've already checked the agenda and know when you're free, please mark your name above!|
|002||Sarah White||??||??||BOS||Yes||I'll be in town a few days early to attend JUDCon|
|003||Sandro Mathys||Mon ~11:20 PM||Fri PM||-||No||I'll arrive by a Greyhound from NYC and I'll leave for an extra night in another hotel in Boston on Friday (after)noon|
|004||Thorsten Leemhuis||Tue 10 PM||Sat 8 PM||-||No||I'm there for work and there won't be much free time, but I guess I'll show up at the booth a few times, similar to how I did it the past few years|
|005||Sebastian Dziallas||Thu 7 PM||Fri 9 PM||BOS||Maybe||around for OSDC session; happy to help|
|006||Susan Lauber||Tue 3 PM||Mon||BOS||No||Staying with friends in Arlington and commuting in for event.|
|007||Another awesome person|
|008||Beefy Miracle!||I am tasty and delicious.|
Who's in Charge
Any difficulties or issues should be resolved by the event owner(s).
|Event Box||Request event box||needsowner||Need to determine if it's needed.|
|Booth setup||Track down swag boxes, incl. banners||Sandro Mathys||Need confirmation: swag boxes with Kristin Nordstrom and booth on the mezzanine level? (like 2010)|
|Booth schedule||Organize the wiki of booth duties, booth people wrangler||Sarah White|
|Live USB||Get desktop artwork and link; make image; coordinate with organizers and duplication house||Robyn Bergeron|
|Fedora dinner||Depends on evening activities. TBD!|
|Booth teardown||Could use some help!|
|Middleware+Fedora Literature||Sarah White||Brainstorming ideas for pamphlets/handouts/cheatsheets/postcards featuring AS7 on Fedora, java development on Fedora....|
|Other Swag / Literature||Could think about new pamphlets / handouts. Anyone? Bueller?|
Photography/Audio/Video Recording Ideas
If we could get a room (for audio quality), graphite6 could bring the following equipment:
- two studio lights with tripods
- two usb yeti microphones (one yeti can record a single person, an interview, or an entire conference table)
- HD digital video camera
- DSLR camera
- tripod for camera
- 9' x 6' backdrop (can be either black or white)
- tablets (can be used as teleprompters)
We could offer attendees the opportunity to record (talking head style):
- brief messages
- their stories about how they use Fedora
- how they contribute to Fedora
- how they combine Fedora community benefits, Fedora os, JBoss middleware, Red Hat products
- and/or how these things and the fact they are open source makes them happy, productive, etc
- interviews of Fedora users, developers, Fedora hosted project members, the beefy miracle, etc
- pictures of people with the Beefy Miracle stand up cut out
Basically graphite6 will pimp her equipment out to educate/help Fedora users, developers, and the community.
Question: Would this need to be cleared with Red Hat?
- Literature or goodies about middleware+Fedora and its benefits
- how to get involved with middleware/application development on the Fedora
Booth Talk Subject Ideas
- Lure some of the JBoss middleware developers to the Fedora booth to give little talks about packaging middleware/apps/server stuff * using middleware on Fedora
- developing applications on Fedora