Every expense against the Community Architecture budget must have a receipt, and it is the responsibility of the person who pays the bill to collect the receipt and submit it. No receipt means no reimbursement. This is non-negotiable, sorry!
The following sections give you options for how to get reimbursed, in order of decreasing preference:
Having others pay for you
You can avoid being a middle-man by having certain other people pay bills directly. This is recommended, whenever possible!
- Max, Karsten, Greg, or Mel can pay with their Red Hat credit card, and their expense reports will go to the Community Architecture budget.
- In India, Sankarshan is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the Community Architecture budget.
- In APJ, Harish is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the Community Architecture budget.
- In LATAM, Rodrigo is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the proper Red Hat budget (either LATAM Marketing or Community Architecture).
- In EMEA, the expense can be paid for directly by the non-profit organization in that region. This will eventually allow for bank transfers or direct payment with a debit card for expenses in Europe.
Paying for things yourself
In order to be reimbursed for your own out-of-pocket expenses, one of the following options must be acceptable:
- It is paid for by you, and you are able to be reimbursed via PayPal. This method is preferred in almost all cases.
- It is paid for by you, and you are able to be reimbursed via cash. This method will require you to wait until you are in the same physical location as Max, and it is therefore least preferred except with people who see Max very often and who cannot take PayPal.
We are using FAmSCo's ticketing system to track reimbursement requests. It has the "private ticket plugin" enabled, so that only the ticket creator and FAmSCo members may see the tickets.
Hit "Login" on the right hand top corner and enter your fasinfo to create a new ticket.
Your ticket should include as attachments any receipts, documentation, or other information that is needed. Feel free to encrypt anything you like with Max's gpg key.
It is also essential that your Fedora wiki page be updated with information about yourself, what you do in Fedora, etc. This is necessary because it allows financial auditors to give a "+1" to the expenses, because they can see the connection to Fedora.