Every expense against the Community Architecture budget must have a receipt, and it is the responsibility of the person who pays the bill to collect the receipt and submit it. No receipt means no reimbursement. This is non-negotiable, sorry!
Paying for things yourself
In order to be reimbursed for your own out-of-pocket expenses, one of the following options must be acceptable:
- It is paid for by you, and you are able to be reimbursed via PayPal. This method is preferred in almost all cases.
- It is paid for by you, and you are able to be reimbursed via cash. This method will require you to wait until you are in the same physical location as Max, and it is least preferred except with people who I see very often and who cannot take PayPal.
We are using trac's ticketing system to track FAmSCo reimbursement requests. It has the "private ticket plugin" enabled, so that only the ticket creator and FAmSCo members may see the tickets.
Your ticket should include as attachments any receipts, documentation, or other information that is needed. Feel free to encrypt anything you like with Max's gpg key.
Having others pay for you
Additionally, you can avoid being a middle-man by having certain other people pay the bills directly. This is recommended, whenever possible!
- Max, Karsten, Greg, or Jack can pay with their Red Hat credit card, and their expense reports will go to the Community Architecture budget.
- In India, Sankarshan is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the Community Architecture budget.
- In APJ, Harish is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the Community Architecture budget.
- Starting in February 2009 in LATAM, Rodrigo is your point of contact, and he in turn bills the expense to the proper Red Hat budget (either LATAM Marketing or Community Architecture).
- In EMEA, the expense can be paid for directly by Fedora EMEA e.V. with the budget that they are given by Community Architecture. This will eventually allow for bank transfers or direct payment with a debit card for expenses in Europe.