This page contains information about the Fedora Release Engineering team.
- IRC: #fedora-devel
- Mailing List: email@example.com
- Issue tracker: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/newticket
If you want the to get something done (e.g. moving packages to buildroots or into frozen compositions) by the ReleaseEngineering Team, please create a ticket in the issue tracker mentioned above. Please enter your FAS-username or e-mail address in the respective textbox, to make sure the team can contact you.
- Jesse Keating (f13) (Leader)
- Bill Nottingham (notting)
- John Poelstra (poelcat)
- Josh Boyer (jwb)
- Luke Macken (lmacken)
- Rex Dieter (rdieter)
- Tom Callaway (spot)
- Will Woods (wwoods)
- Dennis Gilmore (dgilmore)
- Nick Petrov (npetrov)
Release Team members are approved by FESCo. However, FESCo has delegated this power to the Release Team itself. If you want to join the team, contact the releng team using the contact information above.
What is Fedora Release Engineering?
Who's in Charge
JesseKeating. Leadership is currently appointed by FESCo with input from the current release team.
Things we Do
- Set the schedule for releases including freeze dates, final release, slips, etc.
- Set blocker criteria for the release.
- Decide what packages go onto a spin.
- Create official Fedora Spins.
- Report progress towards release from Feature Freeze on.
- Give reports to FESCo on changes to processes.
- If something is known to be controversial, we let FESCo know before implementing otherwise implementation generally happens concurrently to reporting.
- Set policy on freeze management
- Administrate the build system(s)
How we do it
See our Standard Operating Procedures for details on how we do the things we do.
Most discussions regarding release engineering will happen either in #fedora-devel or on the fedora-devel-list mailing list. For requests, please consult the contact information above.
Meetings are regularly held every Friday at 1700 UTC. Our meetings are held in #fedora-meeting on the Freenode IRC network. At times we will have meetings more often than the scheduled times, particularly if a release is coming up. Meeting notes will be posted to fedora-devel-list and the wiki below.
- Meeting agendas are created from open tickets in Trac
See our ticket queue for the things we are currently working.
See Releases for information about Fedora releases, including schedules.
- Feature Freeze Policy (One week before Alpha Freeze)
- Alpha Freeze Policy
- String Freeze Policy (Same time as Alpha Freeze)
- Final/Beta Freeze Policy
Who represents what to Fedora Release Engineering?
Various people attend rel-eng meetings and represent parts of Fedora engineering. If you wish to attend and represent a group of folks, just add your name below. Some representatives will also be releng members, but no representative needs to be.
- WillWoods (QA)
- JeremyKatz (Installer/Virt)
- RexDieter (KDE)
- JohnPoelstra (Features and scheduling)
- JoshBoyer (PPC)
- DimitrisGlezos (Localization)