- 1 Fedora 14 & Enterprise Linux release event - Antwerp, Belgium
Fedora 14 & Enterprise Linux release event - Antwerp, Belgium
When and Where
- November 27, 2010
- from 18h:
- Don Bosco Werken én Leren
- Valkenveld 70, 2610 Wilrijk
- from 22h30:
- Praat en eetcafé 't spant
- Boomsesteenweg 335
- 2610 Wilrijk
The 2 locations are only 50m apart
|1||Bert Desmet & Frederic Hornain||Welcome and introduction|
|2||Bert Desmet||Contribute or die||Why contributing to Fedora helps RH|
|3||Frederic Hornain||RHEL 6||RHEL 6 Feature Highlights|
|4||Bert Desmet||Fedora 14||quick overview about what is new in fedora|
|5||Dag Wieers||Extending RHEL6 with RPMforge and ELRepo||
Improving desktop and server functionality using third party repositories (RPMforge and ELRepo). This presentation will detail RPMforge and ELRepo repositories, explain what functionality it provides to RHEL6 users and demonstrate a RHEL6 desktop and the additional functionality. Requests for new packages and feedback is foreseen during the presentation.
|6||Frederic Hornain||Unlock the value of cloud computing|
|7||Bert Desmet & Frederic Hornain||closing||thank you word & upcoming events|
How to get there
- Put the address (valkenveld 70, Wilrijk) in your gps
- It is next to the "viaduct' in antwerp
- There is a lot of parking space in the 'Valkenveld'-street
- You would be extra cool if you could pick up people that don't have a car..
By public transport
from Antwerp-Central (train station)
- Every 15 minutes there is a bus leaving the station
- Take 'De Lijn' bus 17 in the direction of 'UZA'
- After a bus rit of about 20 minutes (ask the driver if in doubt) get of the bus.
- You'll still have to walk 500meters
- Say hi to all the people already there!
from Antwerp-Berchem (train station)
- Every 30 minutes there is a bus leaving the station.
- Take 'De Lijn' bus 21 in the direction of 'Neerland'
- After a bus rit of about 25 minutes (ask the driver if in doubt) get of the bus.
- You'll still have to walk 300meters
- Say hi to all the people!
Organizers / Team
- Bert Desmet
- Robert Keersse
- Special thanks to Johan Jacquemin for letting us use this location!
- Special thanks to Linda van Hoeymissen for the catering!