(adding this to a category)
Revision as of 18:29, 19 November 2008
An important part of a Fedora release is its announcement. The release team composes a release announcement sent on the day of the release.
Each local team is encouraged to write its own announcement in a way that makes the most sense for the local community. This is a namespace where regional and/or language-specific groups can work on their truly localized version of the release announcement for Fedora.
Past Release Announcements
(And now you know why we don't let Bill write them anymore!)
- A small committee of Fedora writers, marketeers, and technical leaders draft and approve a final list of talking points .
- A template is produced using structured text in plain ASCII. It includes a block at the top for the local content, then a complete amount of standard boilerplate.
- To use the template, copy the content from the template page and paste in to a plain text editor so it removes all formatting from the HTML/wiki.
- Any local group wanting to write a native-language Fedora release announcement needs to form a group of 2 or more collaborators.
- Drafts can be worked on here on the Wiki , via direct email, or whatever method the collaborators choose.
- The draft must be reviewed and approved by an independent reader of that language.
- This needs to be someone from outside of the collaboration circle that wrote the draft
- Any Fedora contributor who reads the language is an eligible editor.
- Formal announcements are sent out to fedora-announce, fedora-list (either the main list or a language-specific one), via blogs, and into various support channels (#fedora, fedoraforum.org, fedoraunity.org et al, etc.), either international or local ones.
F10 Announcements Schedule
Strawman schedule to cover us just-in-case; needs to have longer lead times. quaid 03:17, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
|19 Nov||Talking points ready|
|21 Nov||First drafts of all release announcements|
|23 Nov||Final English release announcement ready|
|24 Nov||All release announcements ready|
|25 Nov||Release the announcements!|