(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Latest revision as of 16:36, 24 May 2008
 KVM Virtualization Support
- Last modified: [[Date(2007-01-03T20:53:50Z)]
- Owners: DanielBerrange, DanielVeillard
- Targeted release: Fedora 7
 Current status
- kvm package is included in Fedora repositories (since test1)
- kvm package is included on main spin (since test2)
- virt-manager support for kvm works for test4
- kvm kernel/userspace updated to kvm-19 for test4
- Things generally looking good here.
Add support for KVM to our kernel and virtualization tools.
 Usage cases/rationale
KVM is the current upstream kernel virtualization technology. We should support it.
Requires changes to libvirt, virt-manager, and other tools.
 Test Plan
Create KVM domains and use them.
Get KVM support, including QEMU, into virt-manager and libvirt. Make it so the same tools can use KVM and Xen. Integrate networking support so the same networking can be used for Xen, KVM, and maybe baremetal.