(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Latest revision as of 16:36, 24 May 2008
KVM Virtualization Support
- Last modified: [[Date(2007-01-03T20:53:50Z)]
- Owners: DanielBerrange, DanielVeillard
- Targeted release: Fedora 7
- kvm package is included in Fedora repositories (since test1)
- kvm package is included on main spin (since test2)
- virt-manager support for kvm works for test4
- kvm kernel/userspace updated to kvm-19 for test4
- Things generally looking good here.
Add support for KVM to our kernel and virtualization tools.
KVM is the current upstream kernel virtualization technology. We should support it.
Requires changes to libvirt, virt-manager, and other tools.
Create KVM domains and use them.
Get KVM support, including QEMU, into virt-manager and libvirt. Make it so the same tools can use KVM and Xen. Integrate networking support so the same networking can be used for Xen, KVM, and maybe baremetal.