m (→Classes Taught)
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
'''Robert Whetsel''' - is a decorated war veteran with
'''Robert Whetsel''' - is a decorated war veteranwith of of the Open Business Foundation a the and on the Steering Committee for the Workforce Investment Board Information Technology Cluster Initiative for the State of Maryland., in , the a .
, open source and , (AI) and .
== Research & Development ==
== Research & Development ==
Revision as of 14:53, 20 July 2009
Bio: Robert Whetsel - is a decorated war veteran, Open Source Visionary, Entrepreneur and a Computer Scientist who has worked with technology since 1989. He is one of founders of the Open Business Foundation where he functions as a Fellow for the Executive Guidance Team; a trusted advisor and mentor for senior management. Additionally, Robert had served on the Steering Committee for the Governor's Workforce Investment Board Information Technology Cluster Initiative for the State of Maryland, and was one of the authors that crafted "Maryland’s Information Technology Industry Workforce Report and Recommendations", white paper http://www.gwib.maryland.gov/it/itrec.pdf. When he’s not pondering difficult, unmanageable problems, preferably those involving the philosophical debate of the Singularity, he’s pursuing a Doctoral degree in Artificial Intelligence, trying to contribute to the creation of a conscious machine.
I Specialize In
Strategic planning advising/mentoring for executives, creating strategies for analytic problem solving, applied project/portfolio management, open source planning and implementation in an enterprise architecture environment, developing and maintaining an enterprise information assurance program, artificial intelligent (AI) research involving natural language interfaces, information architecture and presenting data analytics.
Research & Development
Intelligent Workflow: Currently using Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques to develop an intelligent knowledge management system (knowledge acquisition, filtering, organization, and reuse). In particular, techniques used are natural language processing, machine learning, intelligent agents, intelligent multi-agents, text mining, data mining, information extraction, and Web-based learning. Intelligent Personal Assistant: Personalizing the end-user experience (portal technologies) through the use of emergence algorithms to learn and educate system behaviors such as customized workflow, data retrieval, and report generation. Evolution of a GNU Linux distribution based on three core concepts: superior engineering, next-generation design concepts, and open standards. Simplifying the installation and configuration of Linux and other Unix-like Operating systems
- CIS111L Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- CIS111M Personal Computer Operating Systems Concepts
- CIS212 Personal Computer Repair and Diagnostics
- LPI: Linux Fundamentals
- LPI: Enterprise Linux Systems Administration
- LPI: Enterprise Linux Networking Services
- Porting Applications to an Open Source Platform
- Developing Service Oriented Architecture on Linux
- Introduction to Linux, Apache, mySQL/Postgres and PHP (LAMP) Programming
- Introduction to Open Source: Sage Small Business Services, LLC February 23, 2005; FITCI March 16, 2005; Hood College September 18, 2006
- A Business case for Open Source: Frederick Innovative Technology Center, Inc. (FITCI) March 16, 2005
- Open Source for Bio-Tech Companies: FITCI March 16, 2005
- A Micro-Kernel Java-Based Virtualized Operating System: Hood College April 24-30, 2006
- Explaining AI to Extraterrestrials: Hood College December 13, 2006
- Simplifying Linux Operating System Design: Nitix July 24, 2006; Xandros December 16, 2006
- Simplified Application Development: E2Open October 16, 2006; Xandros November 16, 2006
Email: [[MailTo(rwhetsel AT ravensong DOT com)] | Website: http://rsotech.com/ | Direct Line: 240-215-3944