- 2008-09-23 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- phonon-xine for F10-beta
echo-icon-theme in KDE:
- We should get a list of missing kde-specific icons in Echo and report them to the art team (list).
- Maybe a special kde-settings.rpm with Echo already enabled will be prepared for willing testers to get more feedback.
phonon-xine for F10-beta:
- xine will be the default phonon-backend in Fedora 10 Beta.
- The kickstart for the live images has to be prepared to include it. After Rawhide is unfrozen it will be a normal dependency.
- knetworkmanager is in Rawhide and will (likely) be in F10.
- The beta4 of kpackagekit is in Rawhide, the .1 release will be released soon.
- Live images:
- The switch back to koffice-1.6 has increased the size of the live images a bit. x86_64 is now at 705 megs and so too big for a normal CD-R.
- With phonon-backend-xine there is no more need of gstreamer.
- Pavucontrol, which is nice-to-have but not essential, will be removed from the live images to free the needed space (it pulls in gstreamer due to its dependecy libcanberra).
(These comments are written after the meeting)