- 2008-10-14 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- Replacing gnome-packagekit with kpackagekit on KDE live images?
- Release notes
- artwork: kdm, ksplash, kwin background
- kde-4.1.2 status, ready for (stable) updates soon?
- kde-4.2.x cvs import status, lvillani?
- F10/rawhide testing
Replacing gnome-packagekit with kpackagekit on KDE live images?
- kpackagekit will be proposed as default on Snapshot2.
- If the testing doesn't go well this change will be reverted.
- It wasn't decided during the meeting whether this only affects the live images or whether we also make the change in comps.
- The Release Notes were updated to match the current KDE desktop and should be complete now.
- Unfortunately the Desktop User Guide is still outdated.
- We'll try chop this into smaller pieces to get this fixed soon (though any help here is appreciated).
- JaroslavReznik will coordinate these efforts.
artwork: kdm, ksplash, kwin background:
- KSplash: only widescreen display support is missing.
- KDM: work is still ongoing.
- The backgrounds have to be packaged for KSplash and KDM.
kde-4.1.2 status, ready for (stable) updates soon?:
- The issue with kioslaves not dying on exit was fixed today.
- KDE 4.1.2 will be pushed to stable on Friday if no other blockers appear.
- After that the autohide backport for plasma's panel will be pushed to testing.
kde-4.2.x cvs import status:
- According to LorenzoVillani, KDE 4.1.69 is building fine except kdebindings and kdebase.
- The Fedora patches have to be re-checked if they all apply correctly.
- Also the specfiles should be reviewed before actually getting imported into CVS.
- (please see the log file for a list of short statements)
(These comments are written after the meeting)